Tern BYB P8 Folding Bike
As soon as you stop riding, why leave your bike behind? That was Tern's design basis when they dreamt up the BYB range. The P8 has a tri-fold system, rather than the traditional double-fold - two hinges in the frame and one on the handlebar help the bike fold down as small as 35×81×52 cm (13.8×31.9×20.5 in). When folded, anchor bolts keep the two wheels locked together, ensuring the bike remains as one complete package - no flopping about when hopping on the 07:55!
In most circumstances, the bike takes around 30 seconds to fold and once folded, caster wheels integrated into the rear pannier pack offer the chance to wheel the bike along rather than lift it. A neat idea if you're travelling with other luggage or bags.
When it comes to unfolding the BYB P8, the hinges use strong aluminium pins which lock in place when unfolded with the security of a deadbolt. Two main frame tubes offer extra rigidity, helping the bike feel like a normal bike when ridden.
The BYB P8 adds extra versatility with its luggage carrying potential. Use the included rear rack to add an Ortlieb pannier or add a luggage truss upfront and there's an eye-boggling number of baskets, bags and trays available to purchase.
- 30% smaller than traditional 20” folding bikes
- Fits conveniently into lockers, closets, or any narrow space
- Metro Transit Rack with built-in spinner wheels for easier trolleying
- Fits riders from 147 to 195 cm (4’10” – 6’5”)
- New TFL Joint with 3D interface, DeadBolt design and SpringLock technology
- New 3D-forged Physis RF Handlepost
- Tern Porter saddle with patented GripPad design
- 8-speed Shimano Acera, Shadow RD derailleur
Bike Republic Price Promise
At Bike Republic we aim to provide the lowest prices in the UK on our range of electric bikes, bikes and accessories. We maintain the lowest prices by working directly with our trusted suppliers in the UK and abroad. But how do we keep our prices so low?
- Bike Build Fee: Most retailers factor in the cost of building a bike before dispatching. Order from Bike Republic and your bike will require a small amount of assembly prior to riding. We do offer a bike build service for a fee of £50.
- Small Returns Charge: To keep our prices as competitive as possible we don't offer free returns. Returning a bike will cost £25.
- Extra Support: Again, to maintain our rock bottom prices, we won't offer post-purchase support. If require this service, please select the relevant option at checkout.
If you find the same bike or electric bike at a lower price, contact us and we will match it providing:-
- The item is exactly the same specification - this includes colour
- The item is in stock at a competitor
- The competitor is based in the UK